The demand for essential oils has risen dramatically over time. Essential oils have become a component of beauty routines in addition to being used in aromatherapy treatments. Lemongrass oil is one of the most often used essential oils. Lemongrass oil for hair has been used in hair care for years because of its numerous advantages. Lemongrass essential oil is extracted from lemongrass, a long grass that thrives in Asia, Africa, and Australia’s tropical areas.
Lemongrass, commonly known as Cymbopogon citratus, is a grass species that belongs to a family of roughly fifty-five others. The leaves are carefully monitored for splitting since they contain important essential oil. The oil is extracted from fresh and partially dried lemongrass leaves and stems using steam distillation. The extracted essential oil has a fresh, lemony aroma and may be breathed or mixed with another carrier oil and used on the hair and skin for further benefits.
Lemongrass essential oil might help you cope with skin and hair concerns by adding it to your regular routine. Lemongrass essential oil for hair has a number of benefits, including the ability to relieve fever (also known as fever grass). This miraculous oil contains antibacterial, antifungal, and antioxidant properties, making it an excellent choice for DIY beauty regimens in general. The various advantages of lemongrass oil for hair are discussed in this blog.
Benefits of Lemongrass for Hair
The advantages of lemongrass oil for hair are numerous. Lemongrass oil has numerous additional great hair advantages in addition to promoting hair growth. This wonderful oil can also help to relieve itching and irritation on the scalp. Lemongrass can also help with hair development by decreasing hair shedding and promoting regeneration, as well as contracting hair follicles and limiting hair loss.
- Dandruff Is Gone – Who doesn’t want a healthy, flake-free scalp? We all do. However, dandruff is a widespread condition that affects almost everyone at some point. Dandruff may be effectively treated with lemongrass oil for hair. Lemongrass oil, according to a 2015 research, drastically decreased dandruff when applied regularly. Apply a few drops of lemongrass oil to your hair along with your shampoo and conditioner. Significant changes will occur.
- Encourages Hair Growth – Lemongrass oil is an elixir for hair. It promotes hair growth and keeps your traces healthy. When used with an effective carrier oil such as coconut or olive oil, you will see significant changes in hair fall and growth. It also affects the hair’s texture and thickness. Make your own lemongrass hair oil. 3 tbsp. hair oil + 3 drops of lemongrass oil Apply to the scalp and hair, then wrap in a warm cloth. Allow for fifteen minutes before shampooing. Use a lemongrass shampoo for hair breakage that not only cleans your scalp but also moisturizes and nourishes your hair. Rice water, Amla, Tulsi, and Peppermint are used in Incredible Man Hair Shampoo to strengthen your hair follicles and prevent hair breakage.
- Lice are Killed – One of the most humiliating hair and scalp issues is head lice. Head lice may be effectively treated with lemongrass oil for hair. Head lice are unable to thrive on the scalp due to the smell and unique odour. Add a few drops of lemongrass oil for hair to your comb and comb your hair if you have head lice. Massage your scalp and hair with a mixture of neem oil and a few drops of lemongrass oil. After thirty minutes, remove it from your head and comb your hair. The dead lice will be found all over the comb.
- Scalp Deep Cleaning – Lemongrass essential oil cleanses the scalp, which is an important advantage for hair development. Some of you may be wondering how scalp washing and hair development are related. Our bodies create sebum, an oily wax that protects our skin. However, it clogs your scalp’s pores, decreasing blood flow to your hair. Hair loss is becoming more common as a result of a lack of blood flow. Lemongrass essential oil controls sebum, which keeps your scalp clean. As a consequence, your body will be in the best possible shape to produce healthier, shinier hair.
- Hair Becomes Shinier – Why use chemicals when you can make your hair shine with this organic lemongrass? Last but not least, lemongrass essential oil improves hair shine. Hair that is unhealthy will seem drab. Both your hair and skin benefit from it. Lemongrass should be used every day to give your hair a distinct shine and attractiveness. Adding a Natural Hair Growth Serum to your daily hair care routine can also help you enhance your hair growth.
- Treatment for Damaged Hair – Lemongrass oil contains healthy vitamins and minerals that assist in naturally rebuilding your hair. They also strengthen your hair, preventing it from becoming more damaged.
The procedure is straightforward. Combine the lemongrass essential oil and almond oil in a mixing bowl. Apply a few drops to the roots and scalp of your hair. It will remove the debris out of your hair follicles, allowing your body to develop hair.
It’s a potent essential oil with several hair and skin benefits. The oil’s antibacterial and astringent characteristics make it ideal for achieving even, bright skin. It strengthens hair follicles, prevents hair loss, and leaves hair lustrous and fresh when applied to the scalp.
Lemongrass is an under-appreciated hair conditioner that not only smooths hair but also strengthens hair follicles to prevent hair loss.
Plus, everything is absorbed better into the hair when you steam the oil into it (steam towels can be used).