Witch hazel is one of those products that can potentially be used for anything. Do you have a bug bite? The herb witch hazel. Do you have a big zit? The herb witch hazel. Is your skin very oily? Apply some witch hazel on it. If you don’t have this ingredient in your bathroom, you’re seriously missing out.
Witch hazel is a botanical extract that is used to treat and cleanse the skin. “The plant’s twigs and bark contain therapeutic elements that, when extracted and distilled, produce the clear, fragrant, natural astringent that has been used as a natural skin care remedy for generations.”
Witch Hazel has Tons of Benefits for your Skin
If you’re considering adding a witch hazel-based product to your beauty routine, keep reading to learn about the ingredient from experts.
- Skin Tone – For people with normal to oily skin, I recommend witch hazel as a toner. Its antiseptic characteristics aid in the eradication of microorganisms. After cleansing, dab a few drops onto a cotton ball and apply it over your face.
- Removes Grease – If your skin ever feels greasy as a pizza, witch hazel can help dry it off. It helps remove excess oil, making it an excellent choice for oily skin.
- Fights Acne – Witch hazel is especially useful for persons whose skin is too sensitive for traditional acne-fighting all-stars such as retinoids and salicylic acid. It’s an excellent choice because of its capacity to eliminate oil and reduce irritation. It can be used as a toner or as a spot treatment.
- Relieves Sunburn – While you should always use SPF if you miss an area or simply forget to apply it, witch hazel works wonderfully to relieve sunburn pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It also has a cooling effect, so it feels fantastic when applied.
A Witch Hazel body wash that improves problematic skin to clean, clear and healthy with a refreshing long-lasting fragrance.
- Reduces Redness – Witch hazel is a vasoconstrictor, which means it helps to tighten blood vessels and hence reduces redness.
- Soothes Bug Bites – If you have an itching bug bite and can’t stop scratching, grab some witch hazel. Its anti-inflammatory and astringent characteristics make it an excellent anti-itch treatment for insect bites.
- Kills Bacteria – Witch hazel is effective against infection because it kills bacteria while also reducing inflammation due to its anti-inflammatory effects.
- Spot Control – its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, witch hazel is used in many over-the-counter acne treatments to disinfect and reduce inflammation on pimples.
- Slow Down Premature Skin Ageing – Witch hazel contains antioxidants that protect our skin from free radicals. Free radicals can damage skin, leading to premature skin ageing.So, if you wish to slow down the clock, apply witch hazel to clean your skin daily.Body wash enriches the shower experience. In the point of body wash, just a proper amount of the product can reach a very prolonged way in cleansing your entire body. Unlike bar soap, you don’t have to rub it repeatedly to form bubbles. When using a loofah or a sponge, a minimal quantity of Long Lasting Fragrance Body Wash becomes sufficient for the body.
- Reduce Scalp Sensitivity – Scalp sensitivity can be caused by a variety of circumstances, including cosmetic hair treatments and dermatological diseases like psoriasis or seborrheic dermatitis.Applying a small amount of witch hazel to your scalp before washing your hair may help treat scalp sensitivity and relieve symptoms such as itching and tenderness.
Yes, you can use witch hazel as a natural toner, cleanser, or moisturizer in your regular skincare routine. It can be used as a toner after cleansing to treat skin issues such as acne, enlarged pores, redness, under-eye puffiness, and more.
Witch hazel may contain antioxidant properties that aid in the reduction and prevention of free radical damage to the skin caused by UV radiation and oxidizing air pollution.
Witch hazel is an astringent that can help minimize pores, soothe skin, and reduce inflammation.