One of those key things you know you should be doing but eventually stop is developing a regular practice for grooming your beard. Beard maintenance should just become a normal part of your everyday routine and shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes. This is similar to how you wash your teeth in the morning.
Why should you maintain your beard?
If you’ve only recently begun to grow a beard, you might be startled to learn that it requires some maintenance. This is to make sure that you lessen the beard
itch, which is the main factor in men giving up on growing beards. Even if you have years of experience growing beards, regular upkeep will keep them neat, silky, and well-groomed.
Don’t worry though; maintaining a healthy beard is neither difficult or time-consuming, and after you’ve done it a few times, it becomes second nature, just like cleaning your teeth. When combined, the beard care advice provided below can help you perfect your regimen.
Why Do You Need A Beard Care Routine?
- Prevent Brittle Beards – When the skin and facial hair are deprived of their natural oils, our beards have a tendency to dry out and weaken. When we use items that weren’t made for our beards, this happens all too frequently. Make an effort to feed the skin and hair using products that won’t remove the natural oils to avoid developing a brittle beard.
- Look Your Best – Flaky skin or stray hairs can be quite noticeable. Your beard has taken a lot of work to develop; use high-quality products to give it the finest possible appearance.
- Stop Flaking Skin – Beard dandruff, which develops when the skin beneath your facial hair dries up, is frequently the result of a neglected beard. Itchy skin and dry skin result from this. However, by developing your own beard regimen, you may ensure that the skin is always moisturized and greatly lower your risk of beard dandruff.
What Beard Maintenance Products Do You Need?
You may require (or desire) a variety of equipment and supplies to maintain and style your beard. However, any man with facial hair should stock up on a few essential things for maintaining his beard.
- Beard Oil – The best beard oils contain carrier oils that are high in nutrients and other premium natural components that will nourish and hydrate your skin and hair while giving your beard some shine and preventing it from drying out. Anecdotal evidence proves that a few of the essential oils added into beard growth oil promote beard hair growth.
- Beard Balm – Although most varieties of beard balm share the same moisturizing and conditioning characteristics, their best use is for beard style. You need the greater grip that a less liquidy balm gives if your facial hair is scraggly and prone to wandering. Oil and beard balm are frequently combined for best results.
- Beard wax – Most men discover that the control offered by beard balm is sufficient for their needs. While balm can be applied to the Beard, people who have lengthy Beard—especially those that need to be styled—might discover that wax is necessary. Beard styling is the final step for maintaining your beard. Aside from frequent trimming, you need some specific products to tame it. For men with shorter or longer beards, beard wax can be perfect to add a certain shine and shape to their look.
- Beard Comb – Keeping your beard neat and tidy requires the use of a beard comb. Additionally, it aids in maintaining cleanliness and properly distributes the oil and other beard maintenance items you use. For those who favour it, there is also the option of a brush. Always choose wood-based materials. Incredible Man Sheesham wooden comb for hair & beard. A perfect grooming comb for a sensitive scalp or skin.
Daily Beard Care Routine
Your beard care routine shouldn’t be complex because life is. For this reason, we divided the ideal regimen into four simple actions that you may complete just before your shower.
- Brush Or Comb It – You’ll perform this at the start and the finish of your routine, starting now. Although giving your beard a fast comb through removes as much debris and dry skin as possible, the initial comb through, also known as a brush through, is optional. A bristle brush is the best option for short beards, while a wooden comb is better for larger beards.
- Wash It – The next step in your process for maintaining your beard is to wash it. It is crucial to maintain our beards in the same way that we wash and care for our hair. If you didn’t wash your hair for a year, how would that look and feel? By washing your beard, you may get rid of even more dead skin cells and other debris that itches you and makes your beard seem unclean.Use of beard soap or wash is highly advised. These solutions, as opposed to ordinary shampoos, are made particularly to clean and condition beard follicles, leaving your beard smooth and shiny. Hair shampoo is made to remove natural oils, which you want to leave on your beard to keep it moisturized. We advise utilizing beard cleaning products 2-3 times each week, just like you would for your head hair. However, because this is a regular beard care routine, you may merely wash your beard with water on other days.Apply copious amounts of beard wash—three pumps should do it—to a moist beard and use your fingertips to rub it into the hair follicles. Work it in until a thick lather forms. Thoroughly rinse the beard, then pat it dry with a towel.
- Towel Dry – Use a towel to dry your beard to around 80% of its original moisture. You run the danger of harming your beard if you scrub it with the towel. Pay close attention to the area beneath your chin where water may collect. To assist your beard oil spread, you want to leave just the right amount of moisture in it.
- Utilize Beard Oil – Immediately after towel drying to roughly 80%, apply your beard oil. The amount of oil you should apply depends on the length and density of your beard. You will want extra oil if your beard is longer and denser. You’ll quickly figure out how many drips or how much of a pipette you need through trial and error. You’re using too much if your shirt or pillow starts to absorb the oil from your beard. Increase the quantity if your beard appears and feels dry with what you’re applying.First, put some beard oil in your hand and distribute it between your hands. The suggestion to apply the oil on a beard brush and run it through your beard is not optimal and probably came from a sales pitch for beard brush sellers. Work the oil into your skin and into your beard to replenish the natural oil (sebum). Due to jojoba oil’s molecular structure’s similarity to sebum, oils containing it are good in replenishing the natural oil.
- Condition It – Beard conditioner hydrates the beard while also making it easier to manage. Use a proper beard conditioner, not the kind you use on your head, similar to how you would beard wash.A moist beard should get three more pumps of the bottle in the palm of your hand before being fully combed through. Leave it in for a minute or two for the finest beard care, then rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
- Hydrate It – Okay, we get it; did the conditioner not moisturize my beard? Yes, to a certain extent, but the next step will raise your levels of hydration significantly.This is regarded as the most crucial step in your beard maintenance regimen. For a healthy beard that feels good and looks good, beard oil or butter is a necessity! By moisturizing the skin below the beard, these items will stop your skin from drying out.Simply squeeze 2 or 3 drops of beard oil into your palm (depending on the size of your beard) and massage it into your skin before rubbing it into your beard. There is no correct or incorrect amount of beard butter to use. Begin by using a scoop about the size of a thumbnail to massage the beard oil into the skin and beard hair. If you discover that you didn’t cover the entire beard, add a little extra product until you’re satisfied.
- Trim – Even if you shouldn’t have to worry about it every day, you should nonetheless be aware of it.Clean up your beard with an electric razor that has a guard on it. There are a few distinct approaches. One is to achieve equality. The second is to add a little liveliness to it by leaving “hairs a little longer around the chin and shorter on the sides of your face.”Grab those scissors and clip your top lip after that. Don’t leave any dangling objects that could collect crumbs or lingering breakfast aromas.Anything that hangs below the lip line should be cut off.
The majority of men should use beard oil twice daily, once in the morning before beginning the day and once in the evening before going to bed. Pro Tip: Take a warm shower before bed and moisturize your face and beard with a little extra oil than you would in the morning. Overnight, let the beard oil do its magic.
After shampooing your beard and taking a shower, or after washing your face, is the ideal time to apply beard oil. When your pores are open, using beard oil will help your skin absorb it more effectively. Try applying beard oil either everyday or every other day.
Brushing helps disperse natural oils through your beard to hydrate, promotes blood flow, and exfoliates your skin. As a result, more nutrients are getting to your beard follicles, which can lead to improved beard development.