Getting a massage is one of the most calming sensations available, especially after a long week and the urge to unwind. But did you know that this Ayurvedic technique known as Abhayangam has a lot of health benefits? Furthermore, this type of massage is commonly done in India and is used for both adults and children. Here are 15 of the practice’s health benefits.
When you have a massage, your muscles and body are twisted and patted, and the technician’s diverse hand movements help stimulate the surface of your skin, causing heat to be produced, which then massages the nerve and blood arteries beneath the skin, improving blood circulation.’ So getting a massage helps get the blood moving, which has a lot of fantastic health benefits such as increasing the texture of your skin, better toxins evacuation, and appropriate organ function. Aside from that, the heat created is thought to aid in metabolism.
14 Health Benefits of Oil Massage
- Increases Flexibility – when a person’s body is massaged with precise pressure applied to their muscles, it helps tone them by stretching them and enhancing their functioning. Aside from that, massage performed over a long length of time helps decrease fat and offers your muscles greater tone.
- Improves your mood and can beat depression – Your body has 30 pressure points on the soles of your feet and hands that correspond to different organs. Aside from it, there are seven reflex centers associated with the glands of the neck, head, reproductive organs, pancreas, kidneys and liver. Massage also aids in the release of specific hormones that help to relax your mind, relieve tension, and keep depression at bay.
So let us learn about the Best Body Massage Oil that will relieve all your stress and calm out your mind at peace.
- Beats Body Pain – A massage is ideal when you are in pain all over. This is because, when done correctly, it aids in the relief of body pain. Massage relieves mild to severe bodily soreness due to its influence on the muscles and nerves of your body. Aside from that, enhanced blood circulation and the production of hormones and secretions that help you relax assist you defeat pain.
- Gets Rid of Dead Skin and Dirt Effectively – When you put oil on your body or have a professional do it for you, the oil aids in the removal of dirt and dead skin, particularly in regions prone to accumulation, such as your navel, behind the ears, and knees. This not only keeps you clean and infection-free, but it also brightens your skin and removes any tanning.
- Helps your Nerves Become Healthier – During Abhayangam, your body is pushed, patted, and your muscles are massaged. However, another impact of this is that the nerves beneath your skin are stimulated, which helps them perform better. Furthermore, Ayurvedic scriptures state that this helps your senses sharpen and your mind focus.
- Maintains your Health – Massage of the head, nose, navel, rectum, hands, wrists, and soles of the feet activates particular secretary glands, allowing them to operate correctly, aids in the release of certain hormones, and calms nerve endings. Oil massage is the finest approach to keep healthy because it stimulates blood circulation and calms you down mentally. Furthermore, it is a terrific type of exercise (if performed by yourself) and hence beneficial to your health.
- Improves Heart Health – The reflex center of the heart is located on the right palm and sole. Applying modest but consistent pressure to this region helps your heart perform better and keeps you healthy.
- Keep your Stomach Healthy – Abhayangam includes stomach and lower abdomen massage. This massage focuses on the big intestine, liver, and spleen, with specific attention paid to the navel. All of this movement aids in the relief of gas, the secretion of gastric juices, and the appropriate functioning of the liver and spleen. The sole precaution is to be gentle because these organs are sensitive.
- Relieves Sinusitis and Cold Symptoms – Massaging your face, nose, and the area around your eyes will help reduce sinusitis and cold symptoms. To aid with the symptoms, your doctor may even infuse a few drops of therapeutic oil in your nostrils in a professional Ayurvedic setting.
- Can Help Improve Eyesight and Relieve Eye Strain – Massage the area on the side of your head and around your eyes to improve eyesight, fight a headache, and ease eye strain. So, if you’ve spent the day staring at a computer screen, this type of massage is ideal for you.
- Keeps your Skin Healthy – facial massage is excellent for preventing pimples and combating facial dryness. Aside from that, it helps to prevent the appearance of wrinkles, pigmentation, and sun damage.
- Removes Stretch Marks – Getting frequent massages might help you get rid of stretch marks. This is because the oil penetrates the upper layers of the skin and moisturizes it. Aside from that, it stimulates the synthesis of melatonin, which can aid in the removal of stretch marks.
- Helps Get Rid of Toxins from the Body – Because blood circulation is enhanced during a massage, it aids in the elimination of toxins from the body. Furthermore, because Abhayangam improves the working of your sweat glands and kidneys, the practice aids in the normal functioning of your body’s disposal system. You must realize that one massage will not provide effects, but receiving them on a regular basis will aid in the evacuation of toxins.
- Better and Deeper Sleep at Night – One of the most important advantages of this technique is that it helps you sleep better and deeper at night. When your entire body, including your mind and muscles, is calm, you are more likely to sleep better.
Stress reduction and relaxation enhancement Pain, muscle discomfort, and tension are all reduced. Circulation, vitality, and attentiveness are all improved. lowering blood pressure and heart rate
The answer is yes, it is possible. Listening to your body and communicating openly with your massage therapist are the greatest ways to answer this question. Don’t emphasize pain: it won’t always heal you the way you think it will.
Many Indian mothers believe that rubbing their kids with oil might make them look fairer and lighter in complexion if done on a regular basis. However, the simple answer to this question is no. Any external application cannot change or improve your baby’s complexion.
Shower around an hour after your massage treatment appointment. Allow the message oil to penetrate into your skin cells within an hour.